Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Owls are not what they seem




It's been a busy week of knitting, but I found some time to create this little guy. I didn't follow a pattern as I'm sure most can tell! But I think he turned out quite cute. He was inspired by the current foggy days we've had almost every day this week, which have created a romantically haunting atmosphere. Everything gets so quiet and peaceful, but eerie at the same time.

My new book arrived today, and i've already got tons of projects ideas swimming in my head. Now if i can just knit as fast as possible to get this order done! We've got a road trip to the Okanagan ahead of us, so i think i'll have plenty of time to get most of it completed. As they say at the Lion's Den Cafe here, "have a creative day".

4 comments:

Crackerslowe said...

I love your little owl, he is super cute! I loved the mousie too.

I am knitting a DNA strand right now using DPNs. I think it should turn out pretty cute.

Gail

bryn said...

oh no, that's too cute. I think you have to go to cute jail for making something like that. for reals.
can you make it into a brooch? cause that would rule on my lapel. just sayin...

Chelsea Jade said...

i want an owl!! it's awesome, i think that there is a little store somewhere with your name on it, you are so creative! xo cj

Fox & Ferne said...

aw!! thanks ladies! i think this guy needs a little buddy. Bryn...i'm totally going to see what i can do ;-)