Friday, January 9, 2009

morning walks.

I love the morning walks to work. They have nothing to do with thinking of work, but drawing inspiration from everything I see. I have so many projects on the go, that come friday (first day off in the week), I can't think of what to start with. I got my new book on knitting toys two days ago, and haven't had time to think about anything else! I decided to start with "mousie mousie" for my upstairs neighbour's little girl. So far, i'm half-way through the body, and it's all looking so foreign! we'll see how the sewing and stuffing turns out, but here are some photos for the lead-up!
This is my first knitted animal, so fingers-crossed it turns out well. I'm also excited about the SEW-U book i got from the library to get me through the weekend while my mouth heals ( a little dentist trip tomorrow morning). As much as I don't look forward to dental work, if it gives me an excuse to put my feet up and knit and sew without feeling obligated to leave the house, i'm down!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

oooh knitted animals are so cute! i can't wait to see how the little mousie turns out!