Thursday, November 13, 2008

wooly hats...x15

I'm so close to being finished the hats, and someone said to me today "you must be sick of them by now" and you know what? I'm not! It's been so motivating having these hats to knit, with a deadline, that it's forcing me into creativity. I don't really feel like I have any time right now, but in the end it will be worth it. I'll photograph what I have done in the next day or two and give you a peak.

On another note, the crock pot birthed us turkey and wild rice chili and it was delicious. the recipe for this one is as follows:

1 pound turkey breast tenderloin or
skinless, boneless chicken breast,
cut into pieces (i used ground turkey)

1 15.25-ounce can whole
kernel corn, drained

1 15 ounce Red Kidney Beans, drained

2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
rinsed and drained

2 4-ounce cans diced green
chile peppers, undrained
(i used herbed diced tomatoes)

1 med onion, chopped

1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin

few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14-ounce cans chicken broth

1 1/4 cups water

In a 4-5 quart slow cooker combine turkey, corn, beans, wild rice, tomatoes, onion, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper sauce, and garlic. Stir in Broth and Water. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 7-8 hours or on high-heat 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

Enjoy! Tomorrow is garlic and artichoke pasta.

No comments: